How to score good marks in reasoning? Here 8 tips & Tricks
Reasoning section is common to almost all types of competitive exams and if we are well familiar or thorough with the topics we can easily fetch good marks. That would take us a step forward towards clearing the exam.
So, today we will be discussing how to attempt the questions asked from the reasoning section. Reasoning section consists of questions that can easily be solved by finding out and understanding the logic, argument or pattern given in the question. So, below are the few steps one must keep in mind while solving Reasoning Questions.-
1. Read the Question– Here, keep in mind that you have to first read only the question, not the answer/ choices because doing so will take way too much time, and will lead to confusion. First, go through the question part only carefully without missing any information provided and if required write it down in symbols or short form what all you have to find out.
2. Think about the Answer– After you are done reading the question try to answer those in your mind before reading the answer choices and if you are able to do so you will find the answer in front of you within seconds.
3. Read the choices/ Answer options– Since you can’t always concoct the exact right answer so you must go through the next step i.e. reading the answers. Now, while reading the answer /options /choices concentrate on the information you need to answer the question that would help us eliminate the wrong answers provided in the options.
4. Stick to the information-Whatever is given in the questions or choices you have to stick to that only not with what is happening. Suppose its given that Ram sleeps every day for 3 hours so here you have to believe that ram sleeps only for 3 hours. Here you are not required to apply your extra mind and think that how one can survive by sleeping just 3 hours a day. So it’s important to just stick to the provided information.
5. Clear and Move on-When you finish one problem, forget it, and clear your brain for the next one because this will let you drift away from confusions.
6. Time limit- Tackle the time limit as we have very less time to solve more questions. So try not giving more than 30-40 seconds to the question. And if feeling that you are stuck somewhere just move on and try solving other questions that are easy because sometimes solving easy questions step by step prepare you for solving tough ones.
7. Cross check– Always cross check once before filling the answer that helps you to be assured about the answer.
8. Practice– Last suggestion for making one thorough with reasoning is practice more and more because the only practice can make you perfect and nothing else.
So these were few suggestions for making reasoning section easier to solve. Also, in the upcoming classes, we will be discussing tricks and tips for solving topic wise reasoning questions.