- 2ndAssembly of International Solar Alliance was hosted by the minister of Power, New & Renewable Energy and skill development Entrepreneurship.
- Minister of Cooperation Sellur K. Raju inaugurated first micro composting Centre at Thathaneri, Tamil Nadu.
- Nirmala Purja , the mountaineer from Nepal has created a new speed record by climbing the world’s 14 highest peaks over 8000 metres in 189 days.
- Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) has now been permitted to enrol in National Pension Scheme (NPS) at par with Non-Resident Indians by the Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority (PFRDA).
- India is hosting the second Assembly of ISA. Ministry of New and Renewable Energy is hosting the event.
- The Export Credit Guarantee Corporation of India (ECGC) is optimistic that the Nirvik scheme announced by the Union Government recently would give a fillip to export lending and insurance cover for export credit.
- Commemorative Coin on has been released by Finance Minister to markParamahansa Yogananda’s 125th Birth Anniversary.
- National Digital Health Blueprint report submitted to the Health Ministry.
- By 2025, companies will generate and process more than 75% of their data outside of traditional centralised data centres — that is, at the “edge” of the cloud.
- India and Saudi Arabia has signed
Agreement for the Strategic Partnership Council (SPC)
- India will become the fourth country with which the Kingdom has formed a strategic partnership, the others being the UK, France and China.
- A concept of ‘absentee voter’ has been introduced and defined for the elections.
13.The 29th BASIC Ministerial Meeting on Climate Change was held recently in Beijing, China.
- Pakistan has stopped the exchange of postal mails with India since August 27.
- 5.50 crore earthen lamps on the banks of Saryu River has helped Uttar Pradesh enter into the Guinness Books of World Records for lightening of a record number of diyas on any occasion.
- Kyarr is the ninth super cyclone to have developed in the North Indian Ocean,after Super Cyclone Gonuin 2007.
17.Government of India has accorded ‘Maharatna’ status to public sector undertaking’s (PSU’s) Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited (HPCL) and Power Grid Corporation.
18.UN Environment Programme (UNEP) member states recently adopted the “Colombo Declaration” which calls for tackling global nitrogen challenge.