Daily Gyan Series – Things to remember 18th January
1. A Shakti temple was built recently by Actress Kangana Ranaut in her hometown in Himachal Pradesh.
2. The process of the withdrawal from the Intermediate-Range Nuclear Forces (INF) Treaty with Russia has been started by the US.
3. Two satellite images of the Kumbh Mela 2019 which shows key areas of the festivities in Prayagraj (formerly Allahabad), including the Triveni Sangam has been shared by the Indian Space Research Organisation.
4. National Health Protection Scheme or Ayushman Bharat scheme on completing 100 days of its launch was praised by Microsoft Co-founder and the world’s second richest person, Bill Gates.
5. Justices Dinesh Maheshwari and Sanjiv Khanna were sworn-in as Supreme Court judges on Friday.
6. The cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs approved tripling the capacity of the Numaligarh Refineery in Assam to 9 million Metric tonnes per Annum.
7. A memorandum of Understanding was signed between Directorate general of Mines safety (DGMS) India and the safety in Mines, Testing and Research Station (SIMTARS), Australia.
8. Second phase of the Web Campaign ‘Sajni Mujh Mein Kalakar’ will be launched by the Sangeet Natak Akademi as an initiative to document and promote the intangible Cultural heritage and diverse cultural traditions of the country by direct public participation.
9. An announcement of Gandhi peace Prize for the year 2015. 2016, 2017 and 2018 were done on 16th Vivekananda Kendra for 2015, Akshaya Patra Foundation and Sulabh International for 2016 and Ekal Abhiyan Trust for 2017 and Yohei Sasakawa for 2018.
10. Sanrakshan Kshamata Mahotsav (Saksham) 2019 was organized by Petroleum Conservation Research Association .
Note: There are some more. Stay tuned to Own TV for such informative articles.