Past government and Present Prime Minister of India has launched many Government schemes in India for the welfare of citizens.
India is a developing country where there is a large amount of people who belong to economic-weaker section. Government of India always looks to help these people by launching or putting up new initiatives which can help these people. Government Schemes of India are started not just to help the poor but also they are also started for food, electricity, economy, education, employment, hospitals, and in pension sectors.
Here are important government schemes of India with their origin date
- Atal Pension Yojana was launched by the ministry of finance on May 9, 2015. It is a programme which allows government contribution to the needy people in the form of pensions.
- National Social Assistance Scheme was launched by the ministry of rural development on 15th Aug 1995 and it aims for public assistance in case of sickness, unemployment, old age, disability and other purposes.
- The Swavalamban Scheme was launched by the Ministry of finance on 26th Sep 2010 and was later replaced by Atal Pension Yojana. This scheme encourages people from the unorganized sector to save for their retirement where the central government will contribute from Rs 1000 to Rs 12000 during a financial year
- The Ujala Yojana by the ministry of power launched on May 1, 2015. This scheme reduces the cost of energy-saving compact fluorescent lamps.
- The Central Government Health Scheme was launched by the ministry of health and family welfare in 1954 and provides health facilities to comprehensive government employees and their family members.
- The Mid Day Meal Scheme comes under both health and education and was started by the ministry of human resource and development in on Aug 15, 1995. It provides lunch free of cost to school children.
Revised National Tuberculosis Program was started by the ministry of health and family welfare in 1997 to control tuberculosis.
SOCIAL JUSTICE SECTOR
- The Deen Dayal Disabled Rehabilitation Scheme was started by the ministry of social justice and empowerment on 1st April 2003 and it aims to provide equal opportunities, equality and justice to people with disabilities.
- The Kasturba Gandhi Balika Vidyalaya was started by the ministry of human resource development. It was started in July 2004 to provide education for girls from OBC, ST categories or those who are below the poverty line.
- The National Literacy Mission Programme was started by MoHRD on May 5, 1988 with an aim to make 80 million people in the age group of 15-35 literate.
- Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act was started by the ministry of rural development on Feb 6, 2006, which provides legal guarantee for one hundred days of employment in every financial year to adult members of any rural household willing to do public-work related unskilled manual work at the statutory the minimum wage of Rs 120 per day in 2009 prices.
- Swarna Jayanti Gram Swarozgar Yojana was started by the ministry of rural development on April 1 1999, to bring the assisted poor families above the poverty line. by organizing them in self-help groups (SHGs).
- The National Career Service was started by the ministry of labour and employment. The objective of this initiative is to land up the job seekers to the job they deserve.
- The Gramin Bandharan Yojana was started by the ministry of agriculture and farmers welfare to change the lives of farmers by fulfilling their needs.
- Livestock Insurance Scheme was started by MoA to ensure the quality of cattle products.
RURAL DEVELOPMENT SECTOR
- The Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Grameen Kaushalya Yojana started by the ministry of rural development is there to engage rural people from SC in employment through skill development programmes.
- Jawaharlal Nehru National Urban Rural Mission was started on 3rd Dec 2005 to improve quality of life and infrastructure in cities.
Other schemes in this sector include Pooled Financial Development Fund Scheme, Heritage City Development and Augmentation Yojana, Smart Cities Mission and AMRUT.
- Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana was started by the Ministry of Skill Development And Entrepreneurship in April 2015to provide encouragement to youth for the development of employable skills by providing monetary rewards by recognition of prior learning or by undergoing training at affiliated centres.
Important schemes which come under insurance sector is Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana, Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana, Rashtriya Swasthaya Bima Yojana.
For more such information, stay tuned to OWNTV.