Gyan Series for March 29, 2019
- Enthusiasm of students present at country’s largest, Youth Summit “Under 25”, in Bangalore was overwhelming. The atmosphere created was effervescent to play, learn and to listen to the famous personalities they admire.
- The first ever Cluster University launched in Ladakh. The University of Ladakh Holds many promises to the youths of the country. Before, it had just two degree colleges and students were suffering due to the lack of facilities.
- Australia is becoming the most preferred country for receiving education, by the Indian students as it provides a high quality education.
- Single-Use plastics Banned! European Parliament bans the single-use plastic cutlery, cotton-buds etc. as it despoils beaches and pollutes oceans.
- Anti-Satellite weapon system are the product of the cold wars between the United States and Soviet Union. India has made a departure in shooting down their satellites to test their ATS.
- “Regulatory Sandbox” will help the fintech companies to launch the products at low cost and in less time, as said by RBI Governor, Shaktikanta Das on Monday.
- Reserve bank of India has imposed a penalty for non-compliance of regulatory directions with regard to SWIFT (Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunication) operations on Punjab national bank.
- Her life is not tension free like other students persuing the post-graduate program. Sreeja VS’s life starts from the early morning at 6:30 am where she works as domestic help then attend the college for the M.Com course.
- According to Global Multidimensional Poverty Report, 2018, India has reduced its poverty rate from 55% to 28% in 10 years.
- From April 1 the transferring of shares can be done only in dematerialised form as said by, Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI). Though, the investors are allowed to hold the shares in physical form.