Gyan Series-Things to Remember 10 April 2019
- Coinciding with the Aelong festival, 5000 Konyak community women danced to the tune of a ceremonial song at Nagaland. It was an attempt to set a new Guinness World Records in the category of ‘largest traditional Konyak dance display’.
- The Supreme Court denied going into the issue of integrity of the EVMs at this belated stage.
- To celebrate the 70th anniversary of the People’s Liberation Army (PLA) navy, two ships are scheduled to visit the Chinese port of Qingdao from 21 to 26 April.
- As Prime Minister, Benjamin Netanyahu is running for his fifth term in office, Israel will go to polls to elect a new parliament.
- To acquire debt-laden Korba West Power Company Ltd. (KWPCL), Adani Power received the letter of intent (LoI).
- Plans have been made by Private lender HDFC Bank to raise up to Rs. 50,000 crore this fiscal by issuing bonds on private placement basis.
- Gross Domestic Product (GDP) is expected to accelerate to 7.5% in this fiscal year 2019-20, by the World Bank.
- Dhanush artillery guns make their entry into the Indian Army, as the Ordnance Factory Board (OFD) handed over the first batch of the guns.
- New rules for the national government have been mandated by the International Maritime Organisation (IMO) to introduce electronic information exchange between ships and ports.
- ‘World Homeopathy Day’ is observed all over the world to commemorate the birth anniversary of the founder of Homoeopathy, Dr. Christian Friedrich Samuel Hahnemann.