Gyan series – Things to Remember 10th March 10, 2019
- For additional financing of Uttarakhand Disaster Recovery project, India has signed a loan agreement with the World Bank for 96 Million US dollars.
- Punjab Government shows concern for 2200 master-cadre contractual school teachers who haven’t been paid since November last year, after the expiry of three-year contract, government is in a fix over the job status.
- Working group on Ayushman Bharat Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojna (AB-PM JAY) has been formed by the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) and National Health Authority (NHA).
- State Government has sanctioned grant of Rs 500 crore for Jala Amrutha which wil be a major water conservation scheme that will focus on drought-proofing measures with protection and rejuvenation f water bodies.
- According to report released by consultancy firm Deloitte, in India, 95 percent or around 195 million women are employed in unorganized sectors or as unpaid labour.
- Forest surveys should explicitly demarcate trees grown in forests from those grown outside, i.e. in plantations and private lands.
- A new hydroelectric policy aimed at boosting the sector has been approved by the Union Cabinet on Thursday. The project will also be designated as renewable energy.
- Micro enterprises are the largest job generators, and has created 3.32 lakh jobs within 4 years.
- Aadhaar (Priciing of Aadhaar Authentication Services) Regulation has been issued by the Unique Identification Authority f India (UIDAI).
- Dr Harsh Vardhan, Union Minister for Environment, Forest and Climate change has released the India Cooling Action Plan (ICAP) on March 8 in New Delhi.