Gyan Series- Things to Remember 11th February
1. Eighth round of National Deworming Day was conducted across the nation by Ministry of Health and Family Welfare with an aim to reduce the prevalence of parasitic intestinal worms among children.
2. Jammu and Kashmir government has approved the creation of a separate Administration Revenue Division for Ladakh making it the third administrative division of the state.
3. The ‘Boori Boot Yollo’ festival was celebrated by the Nyishi tribe of Arunachal pradesh in order to welcome the spring season and a successful harvest.
4. Ram Nath Kovind the President of India received the first copy of book ‘Law, Justice and Judicial Power- Justice PN Bhagwati’s approach’ written by Mool Chand Sharma at the book launch.
5. Jharkhand State Scheduled Tribes Commission 2019 bill was passed by Jharkhand Legislative Assembly with an amendment proposal brought by MLAs Radha Krishnan, Ram Kumar Pahan, Shivshankar Oraon and Laxm an Tuddu.
6. Matthijis Wouter Knol, Director European Film Market inaugrated the Indian Pavilion at the Berlin International Film Festival (Berli nale) 2019.
7. To enable a fair and competitive environment in the e-Marketplace the Government e-Marketplace (GeM) and Competition Commission of India (CCI) entere d into a MoU.
8. A bill for 5% reservation each for the Kapus (Kapus, Telaga, Ontari and Balija sub-castes)and other economically Weaker section in the general category consequent to 103rd Constitutional amendment was passed in the Andhra Pr adesh Assembly.
9. The RBI has reduced the policy repo rate by 25 basis points to 6.25% in a bid to revive economic growth.
10. The Karnataka Sahitya Academy has announced special awards for 2018 to 5 emminent writers B.A.Vivek Rai, H.S.Venkateshmurthy, Deshamsha Hudagi, Saisuthe and A.K Hamppanna for their contribution toKannada Literature.