Gyan Series – Things to remember 16th January 2019
1. A gold Medal has been won by AkshataBasvaniKamati of Karnataka in the under -21age 71kg category in Weightlifting at the Khelo India Youth Games.
2. A 350 rupees commemorative coin was released by PM Narendra Modi on the eve of 352nd birth anniversary of 10thSikh Guru, Guru Govind Singh Ji.
3. Su Tseng Chang was appointed as the Prime minister of Taiwan by Taiwan President Tsai Ing-wen.
4. 4th Meeting of the Council for Trade development and Promotion (CTDP) held in New Delhi was chaired by Union Minister for Commerce & Industry and Civil Aviation, Suresh Prabhu
5. It has been found in a study done by using Observations from Chandrayaan 1 mission that how plasma particles from the solar wind make their way into the moon’s night side.
6. By taking over the charge from David Richardson after the ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup in July 2019, Manu Sawhney was appointed as the Chief Executive of the International Cricket Council (ICC) on 15th Jan 2019.
7. The World record for hitting most sixes against an opponent in international cricket across all formats was broken by Indian Cricket team Opener Rohit Sharma.
8. A deal that reached by Prime Minister Theresa May with the European Union on the terms of Britain’s exit from the bloc was rejected by UK Members of Parliament on Tuesday.
9. The record of first woman to trek 1,868-metre-high Agasthyarkoodam peak was made by K DhanyaSanal, a Defence Ministry spokesperson, since the Kerala High Court lifted an unofficial ban on women trekkers.
10. Human Resource Development Minister Prakash Javadekar has said that the 10 percent reservation for economically weaker sections among the general category will be implemented across all colleges and universities, including private institutions, from the 2019-20 academic year.