Gyan Series-Things to remember 16th March
- Gianni Infantino the President of International Football Federation (FIFA) made an annoncement thatIndia will be hosting the U-17 Women’s World Cup in the year 2020.
- New guidelines were issued by the Reserve Bank of India to prevent misue of price-sensitive information by participants in markets for financial instruments.
- A seven nation military exercise will be launched in Indian Ocean by Australia, starting from Sri Lanka.
- YONO cash that is designed to help SBI customers withdraw cash without a physical debit card was launched by the State Bank of India.
- Man Portable Anti-Tank Guided Missile (MPATGM) was succesfully test fired for the second time by DRDO in desert ranges of Rajasthan.
- MoU was signed between NTPC and Hazipur based East Central Railway Zone for the purpose of transportation of fly ash under the scheme of Indian Railways Special Freight Train Operator (SFTO).
- Festival of Innovation and Entrepreneurship (FINE), an initiative to recognise, respect, showcase, reward innovations and foster supportive ecosystem for innovators, was inaugurated by the Indian President Ran Nath Kovind in Gandhinagar.
- The Swedish school girl child –Greta Thunberg who has inspired an international movement to fight climate change is in the nominations for winning Nobal Peace Prize.
- The Common Wealth Youth Award for the Asian Region in London has been awarded to Padmanaban Gopalan the founder of No Food Waste.
- GI Tag, ‘Sirsi Supari’ has been accorded to arecanut grown in Sirsi, Siddapur and Yellapur taluks of Uttara Kannada district in Karnataka by the Registrar of Geographical indications, Government of India.