Gyan Series-Things to Remember 18 April 2019
- Padmaja Alaganandan appointed by PwC India as the firm’s new Chief People Officer (CPO). She takes over the role of Jagjit Singh.
- An Earth-sized planet, HD 21749b and a ‘sub-Neptune’ world, revolving around the star, HD 21749has been discovered by the Training Exoplanet SurveySatellite (TESS).
- Jose Maria Marin, Former Brazilian Football Confederation (CBF) president has been banned for life from all football activities by FIFA.
- To deal with the waste problem, Mount Everest is to get an ‘eco-friendly’ toilet at a Chinese campsite 7,028 meters (23,058 feet) above sea level in an ongoing campaign.
- World heritage day is also known as International Day for Mountains and Sites observed on 18th of April every year.
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni has been appointed as the brand ambassador of bus ticketing platform redBus.
- Indian women’s cricket team captain Mithali Raj has been named the goodwill ambassador of Team India at the Street Child Cricket World Cup (SCCWC).
- Ajay Kumar Dixit has been appointed as the Chief Executive Officer of Cairn Oil and Gas, a division of Vedanta Ltd.
- Cellular function in 32 pigs has been restored by the scientists that had been dead for hours, opening up a new avenue in treating brain disease.
- Sadhvi Pragya Singh Thakur, who will be the BJP candidate against Digvijaya Singh of the Congress in the Bhopal Lok Sabha constituency, was charge-sheeted in the 2008 Malegaon blast case is currently out on bail.