Daily Gyan Series- Things to Remember 19th march
- Former Supreme Court Judge Pinaki Chandra has been named as India’s first anti-corruption ombudsman/Lokpal.
- Indian Boys Medley relay team bagged a gold medal for India in the Asian Youth Athletics Championship held in Hong Kong.
- Real Estate Investment trust (REIT) India’s first REIT backed by Embassy office parks is all set to come up between march 18th and 20th, 2019.
- Ministry of Tourism of Uzbekistan has appointed Ritu Beri the popular Indian fashion Designer as the cultural Tourism Ambassador of Uzbekistan.
- Six states has been directed by the national Green tribunal (NGT) to submit its action plans for bringing air quality standards within the prescribed norms by April 30th and failing this they will be liable to pay environment compensation of Rs 1 crore.
- Dream 11, India’s biggest Sports Game has been announced by the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) as the official Partner for VIVO Indian Premier League (IPL).
- Pramod Sawant the Speaker of Goa Legislative Assembly, sworn in as Chief Minister of Goa two days after the demise of Manohar Parrikar.
- T Irfan, 29 year old Indian Athlete from Kerala qualified for the Tokyo Olympics.
- A note Verbale was issued to Pakistan Foreign Ministry by India for harassing and tailing Indian Diplomats in Islamabad.
- An agreement was signed between India and Maldives by the External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj and her Maldivian Counterpart Abdullah Shahid for further collaboration between the countries including development cooperation and enhancing people to people contact.
Have a news story, an interesting write-up or simply a suggestion? Write to us at email@example.com