1. For the review of regulatory framework on microinsurance and recommend measures to increase the demand for such products, Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) has set u[ a 13 member committee.
2. Former Indian Footballer, who was 80 years old passed away due to a prolonged disease. Marine ecosystem and sea creatures are most affected by global warming as found by the researchers from Rutgers University.
3. India topped the ISSF Rifle/Pistol World Cup 2019. China was on the second position with 5 medals including 2 gold.
4. ‘Webassurance’, a way which will enable the customers to purchase life insurance in a convenient and hassle-free way, launched by the Canara Bank and its life insurance partner Canara HSBC Oriental Bank of Commerce Life Insurance.
5. Gangadeep Kang, a Clinician scientist, is the first Indian Woman scientist to be awarded Fellowship of the Royal Society (FRS), United Kingdom.
6. Due to the increasing quantum of deposits placed in Jan Dhan beneficiaries stands at 35 crore, public sector banks stand to earn as much as Rs 5,000 crore.
7. Zojila, connecting the Kashmir Valley with the Ladakh region was thrown open for traffic after being closed for over four months due to heavy snowfall.
8. A local mango variety, Ishad is facing the threat of becoming rare in its homeland due to the competition from hybrid varieties.
9. Sri Lankan President, Maithripala Srisena has issued an order for a ban on burqa, veil or covering of the face in a manner which prevents anyone from being identified.
10. Bank of Maharashtra, a state-run lender, has decided not to extend loans in eight zones in Maharashtra and Madhya Pradesh which are hit by drought.