Gyan Series-Things to Remember 23 April 2019
1. Formal order has been issued by Saudi Arabia for increasing the Haj Quota for India to two lakh from one lakh seventy five thousand.
2. Third ship of Project 15B has been launched by Indian Navy chief, Admiral Sunil Lamba, which is a guided missile destroyer Imphal, at Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders, Mumbai.
3. To see the real time availability of voter turnout during the election session of the country, the Election Commission of India launched a new mobile app fro the voters across the country.
4. With an extensive experience of customer service ecosystem, Sairee Chahal has been appointed to Board of Directors in Paytm Payments Bank (PPB).
5. So far, 20 states and union territories have joined a pan-India network of single emergency helpline number ‘112’.
6. Chairman of Export Promotion Council for Handicraft (EPCH) is Ravinder Kumar Passi (previously a vice chairman of EPCH).
7. The Bhopal gas tragedy has been listed among the world’s major industrialaccidents in the last century by the International Labour Organization (ILO).
8. United Nations General Assembly adopted a resolution declaring 22nd April as the ‘International Mother Earth Day’.
9. After the civil war, the series of blasts that hit Sri Lanka on Easter Sunday killing over 200 people with 500 injured is the second deadliest incident.
10. On the day of Civil Services, Prime Minister Narendra Modi greeted all civil servants who are serving nation with utmost diligence on Civil Services Day.