Gyan Series-Things to Remember 24 April 2019
1. To encourage the adoption of electric and hybrid vehicle, the second phase of FAME India scheme with Rs 10,000-crore outlay has been notified by the Government.
2. The Asian Tea Alliance (ATA), launched in Guizhou in China comprises of five tea- growing and consuming countries.
3. “Total Health Secure Goal”, the name of 1st product that will be launched by Bajaj Allianz General Insurance in collaboration with Baja Allianz Life Insurance.
4. India moved up to 17th position in 2018 from 37th in the 0Startup Ecosystem Ranking for 2109 according to a released data by StartupBlink.
5. The Supreme Court of India intervene time and again with the Election Commission for ensuring fair polls as seen by the 2019 Lok Sabha Elections.
6. All local elections of Bangladesh will be held through high technology Electronic Voting Machine.
7. Higher proportions of organisms with antibacterial properties have been found in river water of Ganga.
8. Right to travel abroad is the basic right of a human as Supreme court allowed a police officer to travel abroad as he was denied due to pending departmental enquiry.
9. The Department of Public Enterprises has put on hold the proposal of Union Petroleum Minister to grant Maharatna status to Hindustan Petroleum (HPCL).
10. India ranks 19th out of 28 countries min the Index of Cancer Preparedness as released by the Economlist Intelligence Unit (EIU).