Gyan Series- Things to remember 24th January
- India captain Virat Kohli has claimed the position of being the tenth highest ODI run-getter, achieving the feat during his 45-run knock against New Zealand in the first ODI on Wednesday.
- Priyanka Gandhi Vadra and Jyotiraditya Scindia has been appointed as General Secretaries for Uttar Pradesh East and West respectively by Congress.
- Union Minister of Railways and Coal Piyush Goyal, has been temporarily given the additional charge of the Ministry of Finance and Corporate Affairs, held by Arun Jaitley, days before the interim budget.
- In collaboration with other central ministries the ministry of tourism is organizing the 4th edition of ‘Bharat Parv’ at the red fort in New Delhi from 26th to 31st January 2019.
- Jawaharlal Nehru Port Trust has been ranked 28th among the top 30 global container ports. It is the India’s only port to get listed.
- Mohammed Shami the India Cricket Bowler became the fastest Indian to get 100 wickets in One-Day Internationals.
- A new Outbreak of Lassa Fever that has killed upto 16 people has been declared by the Nigerian Authorities. It belongs to the same family of Marburg and Ebola.
- The ‘Pravasi Teerth Darshan Yojana’ was launched by PM Narendra Modi, under which a group of Indian diaspora will be taken on a tour of Religious Places in India Twice a Year.
- Arunachal Pradesh’s only State’s Festival ‘Pakke Paga Hornbill Festival has been declared as the State Festival by the government of Arunachal Pradesh.
- A short film directed by Rayka Zehtabchi, titled ‘Period. End of Sentence’ from India has been nominated for Oscars in the Documentary Short Subject category.
Note: There are some more. Stay tuned to Own TV for such informative articles.