Gyan Series-Things to Remember 27th April
- A pilot project in Malawi of administering ‘RTS,S’, malaria vaccineto children below the age of 2 years has been issued by the World Health Organization.
- Dena Bank’s former Managing Director, Karnam Sekar, is now being appointed as the new Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of Indian Overseas Bank.
- A resolution has been adopted on sexual violence in conflicts that condemns the use of rape as a weapon of war by the United Nations Security Council (UNSC).
- PU Chitra won golden women’s 1500m at the Asian Athletics Championships in Doha as well as she is qualified for the World’s Championship which will be held later in this year.
- ‘Marsquakes”, a quake on mars caused by land tides or volcanic eruptions has been recorded by NASA’s insight mission.
- Akademik Lomonosov, World’s first floating nuclear power plant (NPP), has been successfully tested by Russia.
- The merger of private sector lender IndusInd Bank with Bharat Financial Inclusion (BFIL), a microfinance company has been approved by National Company Law Tribunal (NCLT).
- A new and unique platform for wholesale cryptocurrency trading has been introduced by the second oldest Cryptocurrency Exchange company, ByUcoin.
- Malaria Day, observed on April 25 of every year is celebrated to promote the efforts to prevent malaria around the world.
- India’s third project 15B Vishakapatnam class guided-missile destroyer, the future INS Imphal, in Mumbai has been launched by State-owned Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders limited (MDL).