Gyan Series-Things to Remember 30th April
- Sri Lankan President Maithripala Sirsena on April 28, 2019 announced a ban on Burqa, veil or any manner that prevents identification of that person. The decision has been taken due after multiple Bomb blasts that took place on the occasion of Easter.
- Center – Left socialist, the ruling party of Spain has won the Snap elections that were held on April 28, 2019. The opinion polls had predicted a victory for outgoing socialist premier Pedro Sanchez
- The Fourth Phase of Elections 2019 begun in India, with a total of 71 parliamentary constituencies in the fray across 9 States.
- International Food Policy Research Institute has recently released the Global Food Policy Report -2019. The report highlights the urgency of rural revitalization to address a growing crisis in rural growth
- Mohammad Shami, Jasprit Bhumrah, all-rounder Ravindra Jadeja and women’s team spinner Poonam Yadav has been recommended by BCCI for Arjuna Award
- It is important to note that despite living a digital phase we still don’t have an online voting system in India.
- The First Edition of Naval Commanders’ Conference held in New Delhi and it stayed till April 25. The Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman addressed the conference on the first day.
- Do you know the Income-tax department has proposed New Rules to Tax MNCs and digital firms in India?
- Supreme Court bench headed by Justice L Nageswara Rao has directed the Reserve Bank of India to disclose information related to its annual inspection report of banks under the Right to Information Act until they are exempted under law.
- Canara Bank and its life insurance partner Canara HSBC OBC life launched ‘Webassurance’