Daily gyan series – Things to remember 8th Feb
1. Macedonia became the 30th member country after signing an accord to join North Atlantic Treaty Organization.
2. A memorandum of Understanding was signed by Indian Coast Guard and the Airport Authority of India at Coast Guard Regional Headquarters in port Blair for the coordination in the aeronautical, maritime search and rescue operations.
3. The National Institute of food Technology, Entrepreneurship and Management Bill, 2019 was approved by the cabinet with an objective to confer the status of institutions of national importance to NIFTEM, Kundali Haryana and IIFPT, Thanjavur, Tamil Nadu.
4. Project India Size which aims to arrive at a standard India Size for the Ready to wear clothing industry was launched by the union Minister of Textiles Smt. Smriti Irani.
5. Shripad Naik, Minister of State of AYUSH, inaugurated the 4th Conference of UTs/AYUSH/ Health Ministers of States that was organized to provide an opportunity to UT/States to interact with each other for the development of Ayush sector.
6. The union Cabinet has approved the framework Agreement between India and Indonesia on Cooperation in the exploration and uses of outer space for peaceful purposes.
7. India and Malaysia has signed the MoU for mutual Cooperation to raise the status and prestige of the practicing Company Secretary in both the countries and to facilitate the movement of the company Secretaries across borders in the Asia-Pacific Region.
8. The MoU between India and Electoral Commission of Namibia was approved by the Union Cabinet in order to promote bilateral cooperation.
9. Shri Sanjiv Chadha the State Bank of India‘s UK Chief was honored with the ‘freedom of the City Of London’ by City of London Cooperation.
10. Ricky Ponting the Former captain of Australian Cricket Team has been appointed as an assistant coach of Australia’s men’s team for the 50-over World Cup to be held in England