Gyan Series – Things to Remember April 28 – SSC Exams
- The World Day for Safety and Health at Work is being observed all across the globe today (28 April 2019). Every year this day is celebrated to promote safe, healthy and decent work
- The United States on April 25, 2019, has again placed India on its Priority Watch List and it has lack of sufficient measurable improvements to its intellectual property framework on long-standing and new challenges as it has negatively affected American right holders over the past years.
- The Indian Council of Medical Research on April 25, 2019 launched the Malaria Elimination Research Alliance to get rid of Malaria by 2030
- Chinese President Xi Jinping on April 26, 2019, defended his ambitious ‘Belt and Road Initiative’, vowing to prevent debt risks and said that his project is not an exclusive club
- 5th Asia Pacific Broadcasting Union Media Summit on Climate Action and Disaster Preparedness began on April 25 – April 26, 2019 in Kathmandu. The theme for the summit was “Media Solutions for Sustainable Future.”
- Do you know the United Nations Development Program which publishes the Human Development Report, will release the HDR 2019 with its focus on inequality
- Reserve Bank of India is soon planning to issue the new note of Rs.20. It will have the motif of Ellora caves on the reverse, depicting country’s cultural heritage
- US President Donald Trump rejected the United Nations 2013 Arms Trade Treaty aimed at regulating the global arms trade
- Justice Indu Malhotra has been appointed as the third member of the in house inquiry panel set up to examine allegations of Sexual Harassment against the Chief Justice of India
- Recently, Indonesia has released a Ramayana Stamp at the 70th anniversary of the establishment of diplomatic ties between India and Indonesia. The anniversary was celebrated on April 23.