The Journey of actress turned Politician Smriti Irani
Despite her middle-class family background and hardships she faced. Irani was adamant about her dreams and made it successful.
Smriti Irani has made his popularity a very long ago in her Acting career. She had played a very vibrant role in an Indian Serial “Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi” Her Role is a Tulsi in the serial gave him wide popularity. Irani has bagged many awards in her acting career which include.
1. Irani had won Indian Television Academy award continuously for four years, 2001, 2002, 2003and 2004. She had also received the same award in 2010S
2. She bagged Indian telly award in the year 2002,2003 and 2006
3. Received great Women Achievers award in 2005H
4. Honored with Great Tv personality of the Decade Award by Garv Indian Tv in 2014
However, Smriti Irina didn’t stop here. She had something big in her mind. Irani tried her luck in politics and she made it big here also.
The actress turned politician is serving in in the Modi regime the Union Ministry as minister of Textile and was also given additional charge as Minister of women and child development in 2019. Irani is a former model and actress and has worked in several daily soups (Serials). She owns an entertainment industry under the name of Ugraya Entertainments.
Family and personal background
Irani was born on March 23, 1976 in Delhi to a Punjabi father and Bengali mother. Smriti has two younger sisters being the elder in the family Smriti got a lot of responsibility for her. To support her family she started working after class 10th and earned 200 per day by promoting a beauty product her dreams were too high and she didn’t stop there. She participated in Miss India in 1998 but didn’t make it to the finale but this was not the end. Finally, Irani moved to Mumbai to try her luck, but to support herself financially she started working at McDonald’s. In the meantime, she was giving auditions in the entertainment industry.
In 2003, Smriti Irani joined Bhartiya Janta Party (BJP). In the subsequent year, she was appointed as the President of the Maharashtra Youth Wing. She contested as BJP candidate against Kapil Sibal from Chandini Chowk but, lost the election. This loss didn’t stop her she started working harder and the party appreciated her efforts and appointed her as an executive member of its central committee. In 2014, she became the national secretary of the party and the president of the party’s women wing.
Political career timeline
· Smriti Irani became the member of Rajya Sabha in 2011 and was appointed as BJP’s vice president in 2012
· From September 2011 to May 2014, she was a member of the committee on coal and steel
· In August 2012, she was appointed as a member of a parliamentary forum on Disaster Management and a member of consultative committee for the Ministry of Urban Development.
· On May 26, 2014, she as appointed as Minister for Human Resource Development
· On July 5, she was moved to Textile Ministry
· In 2019, she got a massive victory in general elections by defeating Congress president Rahul Gandhi in Amethi Lok Sabha Constituency.
In 2001, Smriti Irani married to a Parsi Entrepreneur Zubin Irani. They have two children, a son named Zohr was born in October 2001 and after two years she delivered a baby girl who was named as Zoish.
For more such informative articles stay tuned to OWN Guru.