Current Affairs: March 1st – March 15th, take a look
- The Union cabinet has given its nod for introduction of the Fugitive Economic Offenders Bill, 2018 in Parliament.
- The Tripura Assembly elections were won by the BJP ending the 25-year reign of the CPI(M).
- ManikSarkar has given his resignation as the Tripura Chief Minister.
- Indian Army has claimed the killing of terrorist organization JeH’smastermind Mufti Waqas in the Sunjuwan camp attack in Awantipora, Pulwama, in a “surgical attack.
- A statue of Communist icon Vladimir Lenin has been torn down by five people in Belonia, Tripura.
- The environmental clearance for the India-based Neutrino Observatory in Pottipuram village in Theni district, Tamil Nadu has been given by the Central Government.
- Kongkal Sangma was sworn in as Meghalaya Chief Minister, at the Raj Bhavan in Shillong.
- Chief Minister of Nagaland T.R. Zeliang has given his resignation.
- Justice P. Vishwanath Shetty the Karnataka Lokayukta was stabbed by a complainant at his office in Bengaluru.
- The passive euthanasia and the right to give advance medical directives or ‘Living Wills’ to smoothen the dying process wasupheldby a five-judge Constitution Bench of the Supreme Court.
- Biplab Kumar Deb has sworn in as the new Tripura Chief Minister. And BJP’s JishnuDevVarmaas the Deputy Chief Minister.
- The Criminal Laws (Rajasthan Amendment) was passed by the Rajasthan Assembly providing for the death penalty to those convicted of raping girls of 12 years and below.
- Suresh Prabhu has now been given additional charge of the Ministry of Civil Aviation.
- An announcement of a $1.4 billion line of credit to cover 27 solar energy projects in 15 countries at the Founding Conference of the International Solar Alliance, in New Delhi was made byPrimeMinisterNarendra Modi
- An indefinite deadline for linking Aadhaar with mobile phones and tatkal passports and for opening bank accounts from March 31, 2018, was given by the Supreme Court till the Constitution Bench final verdict
- Foreign law firms or foreign lawyers cannot practice law in the country either on the litigation or non-litigation side, rules the Supreme Court. But can “fly in fly out lawyers to offer legal advice.”
- A directive barring banks from issuing Letters of Undertaking in the wake of the $2 billion Lou fraud at the PNB was issued by the RBI
- Both the Gorakhpur and PhulpurLokSabha seats in U.P. has been Wrested by the Samajwadi Party from the BJP. In Bihar, the RJD retains the ArariaLokSabha seat.
- A special CBI Court has discharged the Former Union Telecom Minister, DayanidhiMaran and his brother and Sun group chairman KalanithiMaranin Chennai from the illegal telephone exchange case involving the provision of 764 BSNL lines to the former’s Gopalapuram and Boat Club Road residences.
- The Finance Bill, 2018, was passed by the Lok Sabha with 21 amendments, which includes an exemption to political parties fromthe scrutinyof funds received from abroad since 1976, without discussion amid a ruckus.
1.A framework agreement in defense cooperation was signed between India and Jordan after talks held between Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Jordan’s King Abdullah II, in New Delhi.
- An announcement regarding the decision to impose tariffs on steel and aluminum imports was made by U.S. President Donald Trump