Gyan Series- Things to remember 13th March
- Mohammed Shtayyeh became the New Prime Minister of Palestine. The Prime Minister of the state of Palestine is the head of government of the state Palestine. The Post has been in existence since January 2013.
- Did you know India is World’s second largest arms importer? Notably, after eight years of holding the position. India has been superseded by Saudi Arabia.
- World Wide Web recently completed its 30 years and to mark the occasion Google has changed its Doodle.
- NASA is going to conduct the first all-female walk on March 29. Interestingly, it is happening after almost 35 years after Soviet’s Svetlana Savistkaya became the first woman to perform a spacewalk on July 25 1984
- Odisha government has recently launched boat ambulance for remote villages. It was launched on March 5, 2019
- No Smoking Day is an annual event that is celebrated across the world on the second Wednesday of March to help smokers to quit smoking and educate them about the hazardous effects of smoking
- Did you know there is a day for Consumers Right? Yes, every year on 15 March we celebrate World Consumer Rights Day. It is celebrated to raise global awareness about consumer rights and needs.
- DadaSaheb Phalke Award is a prestigious award which is given to people contributing in the entertainment industry for their excellent work. It began in the year 1969
- The expenditure limit in the Lok Sabha Elections is prescribed under rule 90 of the code of Election Rules 1961. A candidate can spend up to 70 lakh depending on the state they are contesting elections and they can’t exceed that limit
- Sathiya Academy promotes literary work in the country. Every year it gives 24 awards to literary works