Daily Gyan Series- Things to remember 23rd March
- In Meghalaya’s East Khasi Hills, India’s deepest shaft cave Krem Um Ladaw with a 105m deep shaft entrance has been discovered.
- Among 650 new entries recognised as official English words by the Oxford English Dictionary, Indian English word for underwear – ‘Chuddies’ has been taken up for addition.
- Gauri Sawant the transgender social activist has been appointed as the first transgender ambassador from Maharashtra by the Election Commission.
- Kazakhastan’s country capital Astana has been decided to be renamed as Nursultana in a parliament voting.
- A cherry blossom shaped torch has been unvieled bythe organisers of Tokyo 2020 Olympics.
- A deal was signed between India’s Accord group and Oman’s Ministry of Oil and Gas to build an oil refinery in Sri Lanka.
- The global Happiness index has been topped again by the Finland being the happiest nation worldwide for the second time in a row.
- In order toboost business opportunities a pact has been signed between India’slargest lender SBI (State Bank of India) and Bank of China.
- Indian origin Jagmeet Singhhas made history by being the first non white leader of a major opposition party in the House of Commons, Canada Parliament.
- ‘Shiksha Vani’ app has been launched bythe CBSE for sending out major announcements made by the board and is expected to be considered as the quickest wayof spreading information.