- The authorized capital for the state-owned Allahabad Bank has been increased from Rs 5000 crore to Rs 8,000 crore by the government.
- Manish Maheshwari takes over the new role from April 29 who previously served as the CEO of Network18 Digital.
- A new community will be named in the Golan Heights after US President Donald Trump by Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.
- As per the latest data released by the government, the total balance in Jan Dhan account has been rising steadily and was at Rs 97,665.66 crore as on April 3.
- Mercury has a massive solid inner core, as found by NASA.
- Swacchta Pakhwada Awards 2019 was given to All India Radio, Publication Division and Children’s Film Society of India.
- Ban on the import of milk products from China has been extended by the government.
- Panchayats recognized as ‘Institutions of self-government’, is celebrated in India every year on 24th April as National Panchayat Day.
- 3,120 Sexual Assaults Evidence Collection kits for the distribution to states and union territories have been procured by the Bureau of Police Research and Development (BPR&D).
- The United Nations Environment Assembly in Nairobi, Kenya, has adopted its first-ever resolution on peatlands, giving an impetus to conversation and restoration efforts.