Daily Gyan Series – Dose Of Current Affair (05 May 2019)
- Cyclone Fani is a massive cyclone formation over South The Bay of Bengal. It is pronounced as Foni. The name was suggested by Bangladesh. It means snake or ‘hood of the snake’. Notably, World Meteorological has a well-defined process to select the name of each cyclone.
- May 5 marks World Laughter Day. Laughter is the best therapy to keep all the stress at bay. It is important to smile often.
- National Space Day 2019- Every year National Space Day is celebrated on the first Friday of May to promote Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics fields among young people.
- Labour Day is every observed on May 1 and the theme of Labour Day 2019 was “Uniting Workers for social and Economic Advancement.” It is also known as International Worker’s Day
- Did you know every on the first Thursday of May we celebrate World Password Day? It reminds us of the importance of protecting ourselves through strong passwords
- Small, rocky objects that orbit the sun is known as Asteroid. Like Planets, asteroids orbit the sun is much smaller
- Ayushman Bharat Diwas is observed all across the country on April 30. Notably, it is a National Health Protection Scheme. It was announced by Prime Minister Narendra Modi in his speech of 2018.
- International Dance Day is every year celebrated on April 29 to promote Art and Culture, to raise awareness among the public regarding the “art of the dance”
- Race and Ethnicity are two different terms. Ethnicity refers to cultural factors, including nationality, regional culture, ancestry whereas Race refers to our different and diverse physical appearances
- World Voice Day is every year celebrated on April 16 to let people know the importance of voice in people’s life.
For more such informative articles stay tuned to OWN TV