Daily Gyan Series – Thing to Remember
1. GSAT-31, India’s latest communication satellite was successfully launched by European Launch services provider- Arianespace’s rocket from French Guiana.
2. A penalty of Rs. 25 lakh was slapped on the Uttar Pradesh Government by the National Green Tribunal for its failure to stop the discharge of dirty water in the Upper Ganga Canal.
3. The Haryana Government has given its approval on the Harayana Pharmaceutical Policy 2019 which aimed to develop Haryana into a hub of Pharmaceutical manufacturing.
4. For helping the students to practice mock tests on their smartphones the National Testing Agency has launched a mobile app.
5. The Indian cancer society has launched Swath Naari, Shakti humaari campaign in Mumbai, Maharashtra to spread awareness of cancer among under priviledged women and enable early detection of the disease.
6. U.S has been joined by 11 European nations in recognizing opposition leader Juan guaido as Venezuels’s interim President.
7. In a survey held by Transperency International, Assam tops in the ranking of best practices followed by states in budget formation.
8. The Indian Home Ministry has announced the ban of the Tehreek-ul-Mujahideen (TuM), which has been fighting for “liberation of Kashmir” and involved in a series of terror acts.
9. A notice has been issued by the Supreme Court to senior advocate Prashant Bhushan on the contempt plea filed by Attorney General KK Venugopal over his comments against CBI interim chief M Nageshwar Rao.
10. All-rounders Hardik Pandya and Krunal Pandya have become the second pair of brothers featuring together for Team India in a T20I, against New Zealand in the first T20I .