Gyan Series: Important things to remember
- State Bank of India has introduced new rules on saving accounts from May 1st. SBI linked interest rate of large saving accounts deposit to RBI repo rate from May 1
- NASSCOM has partnered with GE Healthcare to encourage start-up work on digital healthcare solutions in India.
- Notably, Japan’s Emperor Akihito formally abdicated on April 30, 2019, in Tokyo. Interestingly, it is happening for the first time in 200 years.
- The Union Environment Ministry has constituted a committee to implement the National Clean Air Programme. Notably, it will be chaired by the Secretary, Union Environment Ministry
- BSNL has launched ‘Bharat Fibre’ Broadband Service. It is important to note that BSNL has become the first operator to Start optical fiber- based high- speed broadband service in Pulwama with the launch of Bharat Fibre
- In the year 2029, a massive asteroid called 99942 Apophis will fly past earth at an approx distance of 19,000 miles. It is named after the Egyptian God of Chaos7. Jaipur will host the 8th Asian Youth Women Handball Championship in which 10 teams will take part. It will take place from 21 to 30 August
- Paytm, India’s mobile payment and commerce platform’s President, Bhushan Patil, has quit the company
- International Firefighters Day is observed every year on May 4
- The 14th edition of the annual Sino- Indian Border trade opened at Nath La in Sikkim on 1 May 2019