Gyan Series-Things to Remember 03 April 2019
- ‘Blue Link’ to be launched by South Korean carmaker Hyundai. It is a feature which will help the users of the car to connect with the car using voice while enabling them to remotely switch on/off the car or its AC.
- The Indian Badminton Tournament 2019, was held at K.D. Jadhav Indoor Hall in New Delhi from 26th to 31st March and had a total purse of $3,50,000.
- The Indian Space Research Organization, (ISRO) launched India’s latest satellite EMISAT along with 28 other smaller satellites of international customers.
- Except for Nizamabad in Telangana, the whole country will vote in Electronic Voting Machines (EVMs). Nizamabad to use Ballot Paper in the Lok Sabha Elections 2019.
- Bank of Baroda becomes the second largest public sector undertaking bank after merging with Dena Bank and Vijaya Bank. BoB is now the third largest bank after the State Bank of India and HDFC Bank.
- ‘Assistive Technologie, Active Participation’, is the theme of this year’s World Autism Awareness Day.
- Till date, Election Commission of India has reached over 150 Community Radio Stations from across the country to help educate and inform the voters.
- ‘Reiwa era’, the Japanese government announced that the reign of the next Japanese emperor will be called by this name.
- With the aim of boosting agricultural exports, the Ministry of Commerce and Industry has laid out a detailed procedure for claiming benefits under the Transport and marketing Assistance (TMA) scheme.
- India and Bolivia have called for early finalization of Comprehensive Convention on International Terrorism (CCIT) in the wake of growing threats and acts of terrorism across the world.
For more such informative articles stay tuned to OWN TV