Schemes that were launched in 2020 – 21
Policies are key players of any government mechanism and these policies stimulate the rural economic development. Policies are also important because they touch upon the pertinent issues in the country and aim towards solving them. Adequate supply of resources to the citizens of a country is the primary goal of a government which will help them grow as an individual. India as a country, has a lot of underlying factors that come in the path of supply of basic resources, for example, religion, caste, oppression, economic class, etc.
Every year on 1st of February, the Finance Minister presents a budget for the upcoming year in the parliament. The union budget of India is also known as the annual financial statement in article 112 of the constitution of India.
In this article, we will learn about the news policies or schemes launched in the budget 2020-21. Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman presented the budget this year and disclosed a series of reforms for the rural sector and development of the country which aimed for the upliftment of Indian economy.
Read more: List of all Important Awards and Their field
The list of schemes are as follows:
Many schemes were launched and some of the old schemes were given extensions. Let us first look at the new schemes;
What was there in it for the farmers?
- Farmers face issues of storage and hence, a warehousing scheme in a village was launched, which will also reduce their expenses on logistics.
- Under the ‘Dhanya Lakshmi’ scheme, women will be given more importance, and will be encouraged to get education on modern farming methods.
- The ministry of Civil Aviation will handle the ‘Krishi Udaan Yojana’ and will also look after the transport of perishable goods by air, both, nationally and internationally.
What was there in it for the Exporters?
- A scheme called ‘Nirwik’ is launched that will help small exporters get more coverage with lesser premium, for higher credit. It will also simplify the claim procedure for exporters.
- A scheme is under construction that will help revise the duties and taxes levied on exported products.
- To handhold micro, small and medium enterprises (MSME), a joint scheme will be launched which will be handled by EXIM bank and SIDBI.
What was there in it other sectors?
- A national technical textile mission will be set up with an aim of making India a global textile leader.
- For the MSME sector, a scheme has been launched to provide financial support and relieve the debt on businessmen and entrepreneurs.
- Manufacturing of electronic devices like a mobile phone, equipment and semiconductor packaging will be encouraged with help of a separate scheme focusing on these factors majorly.
Policies that got extension are as follows:
Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (PMAY): A sum of approximately Rs 6400 crore was allocated to this scheme with an aim of giving Ayushman hospital in every district of the country. So far, 20,000 such hospitals have been enrolled and are to be started soon. It will also focus on using artificial intelligence and machine learning that will help prevention of diseases.
Ayushman Bharat Scheme: the government aims at making India a tuberculosis free country by 2025. ‘TB Haarega Desh Jeetega’ was a campaign launched under this scheme specially to overcome the disease and spread awareness among people.
Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana: This scheme was aimed at connecting the rural to the urban. The focus is construction of roads that will connect the unconnected villages and help reduce poverty in these regions. The third phase of this scheme is still in progress and which is why it has been extended.
Pradhan Mantri Kusum Scheme: This scheme is expanded because it provides solar pumps to the farmers which allows them to generate solar power using their fallow land. Till date, almost around 20 lakh farmers have received solar pumps under this scheme and many more are yet to be covered.
There are additionally more schemes that were discussed in the session and you need to learn about them. Try to remember the basic idea behind the formation of a particular scheme and that will help you judge the situation of our country as far as the development is the concern. This article has explained some very important schemes and studying them might give you an upper hand in general knowledge.
Check our Instagram : Ownguru
Facebook : Ownguru
If you have an interesting write-up or any suggestion, write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org