All you need to know about SSC CGL Exams
The SSC i.e. Staff Selection Commission (SSC) conducts the Combined Graduate Level (CGL) Exams every year. This exam is specifically for graduates seeking a position in Grade ‘B’ and Grade ‘C’ Category at Government Ministries and other Government departments and offices.
This exam is conducted in for tiers. The registration for SSC CGL exams can be done through their official website. The first two years are online and rest two are offline exams. Obviously, to enter the consecutive stage, the candidate is supposed to clear the previous stage.
Read more: RBI and its monetary policy for 2019
Type and Syllabus of Each Tier of Exam
Tier 1 – Online Exam
Time – 60 minutes
Type – Objective
Minimum Marks – 200
- General Awareness
- Quantitative Analysis
- English Language and Comprehension
General Intelligence & Reasoning – 25 questions (50 marks)
General Awareness – 25 questions (50 marks)
Quantitative Aptitude – 25 questions (50 marks)
English Language and Comprehension – 25 questions (50 marks)
In short, the paper consists of 100 questions of 2 marks each.
Note – There is a negative marking in SSC CGL 2019 of 0.5 marks against each wrong answer.
Tier II – Online
It is divided into 4 papers
- Quantitative Abilities – 100 Questions
- English Language and Comprehension – 100 Questions
- Statistics for JSO – 100 Questions
- General Studies for Finance and Economics ( Assistant Auditors and Accounts) – 100 Questions
- Each question contains 2 marks.
- Paper 1 and Paper 2 are compulsory for all candidates.
- Paper 3 is for the post of Junior Statistical Officer (JSO) and who are shortlisted in Tier-I
for this Post/Paper.
- Paper-IV will be for candidates who are shortlisted in Tier-I for Paper-IV, i.e., for the
posts of Assistant Audit Officer/ Assistant Accounts Officer.
- Negative Marking in Paper 2 – 0.25 Marks
- Negative marking in Paper 1, 3 and 4 – 0.50 Marks
Tier III – Offline
Tier III is a descriptive paper that too offline. In this paper, Candidates are required to write essays, précis, application, letter, etc. in 60 minutes. It is the test of language proficiency, grammar knowledge, vocabulary usage and writing skills.
- It is a bilingual exam for 10+2 level.
- Candidate needs to score at least 33% in this exam.
Tier IV – Offline
It is basically a skill test. It has two sections to analyze skills.
- DEST (Data Entry Speed Test)
- CPT (Computer Proficiency Test)
So, these were exam patterns of all the four tiers of SSC CGL Exam. The last step of the final selection will definitely be the document verification after selection. We hope you are clear with the exam pattern. In the next article, we will discuss the syllabus of each section in detail and will also discuss the method to prepare for the exam.
For more such informative articles stay tuned to OWN TV.